I am very pleased to announce my Summer Tour Dates for 2017.
First stop this Saturday in Stockholm!
June 3rd / Pornceptual does Uranus : Stockholm, Sweden
June 10th / Pornceptual : Alte Münze, Berlin, Germany
July 6th / Pornceptual Stage at Feel Festival, Germany
July 15th / TBA : New York
July 21-23rd / Sunset Campout : Belden Town, California
Aug 3rd-6th / TBA, Poland
Stay tuned for more info here!
It’s been a long Berlin winter and I’ve spent the past months in the studio recording new material. I’ve dedicated this time in the studio to recover from a big loss last November when I lost all of my productions including the album I was working on, all of my Sample Libraries, my Live Set, USBS & all of my unreleased tracks that I’ve worked on the past 4 years in Berlin were stolen from me. This was at the beginning of my US tour in San Francisco last November and since then I have not been able to recover anything from that loss.
I wish to thank my Bay Area community & Berlin network for all for the kind support I’ve received in all ways during this past winter – your comments gave me strength that helped keep me going just when I wanted to quit. From the donations I was able to purchase a new laptop so I could immediately start the process of rebuilding. Now I have had the winter to focus on re-designing my sound and production process. Its been a huge challenge to overcome the reality of this as well as been a very inspiring time to re-invent myself and start the next chapter. For starters, I’ve re-approached my track making process – instead of relying on my finely crafted Kick & Percussion recordings, excessive VSTS, Templates that were very close to me – I‘ve been focused on make everything from scratch attitude and on the fly recording whether its with an in the box VST or some outboard analogue gear – I’m focused with a more Live hands on approach for all processes.
The only track that I was able to recover from this time period was an unreleased track saved on my Iphone – This track is titled ‘For Every Wish’ and I’m giving it away for free as a thank you for all of the help & support through the years – especially during this recovery process this past winter.
I still believe that it’s not entirely about what gear you use or how many analogue hardware synths you own – but it’s how you use it and what you make of it. Focus more on what you are trying to say than rather what you are using to make it. What brings us down only makes us stronger.
‘For Every Wish’ Written & Produced by Jamaica Suk.
Video by Magnus Bach Pedersen.
Mastered at Manmade Mastering Berlin.
1. Earth 2 – Teeth of Lions Rule The Divine Part 1- Sub Pop
2. Jeff Mills – Fantastica (After the Trip mix) – Axis
3. Acronym – To Breath Under Water – Dimensional Exploration
4. As Patria – Hyperborean (In Aeternam Vale V1) – Ravage
5. Psyk – Tension – Fuse Music
6. Shlømo – Golem – 47
7. Jamaica Suk – Fallen – Unreleased
8. Crossing Avenue – Rimbalzo – Spazio Disponibile
9. Detect Audio – Turner – Children of Tomorrow
10. Monolith – Parasite – Sonic Groove
11. Qindek – Mars One – Invite
12. Tadeo – The Labyrinth – Token
13. Post Scriptum – Isdat – Infrastructure
14. Refracted – Neo Cavern – Mind Express
15. Amotik – Sau – 47
16. Kike Pravda – Dimensions – Children of Tomorrow
17. Dyad – Purge – Tsunami
18. UVB – Least At Last – Mord
19. P.E.A.R.L. – Despair – Falling Ethics
20. Kamikaze Space Programme – Numbers Station – The Neighborhood
21. Fanon Flowers – Mode 08 – Artless
22. Frankie Bones – Studio 54 – ESP-SUN
23. Developer – Hooked In – Developer Archive
24. Jeff Derringer – One Angry Shot – Reclaim Your City
25. Oisel – Uranio – Float
26. Rrose – Arc Unkown – Infrastructure
27. Black Sand – High Tide – Kynant
28. Miki Craven – Flow Diverter – Dead Rose
29. Refracted – Expedition 1 – PoleGroup
30. Sciahri – Contortion – Subluna
31. Planetary Assault Systems (P.A.S. Live Edit) – Surface Noise – Mote Evolver
32. Surgeon – Blank Ambition Pt 3 – Dynamic Tension
33. Silent Servant – The Strange Attractor – Hospital Productions
34. BNJM – Hadal Zone – Tresor
35. Anders Hellberg – Dronobia – Wunderblock
36. Hector Oaks – Uno B – Oaks
37. Sev Dah – 152 – Proletarijat
38. Judaz – Revolution III – Arts
39. Samuli Kemppi – Ferrous Patch – Power of Voltages
40. Tinfoil – Leave Your Body – Tinfoil
‘Trusst’ EP is out with some kind words from Jemayel-Khawaja
All this is perfectly evidenced on the titular lead track from the EP, an engrossing 8-minute minimal number that finds its voice in the breakdowns as stuttering, plucked melodies float into the air like you’re in the waiting room to heaven, even despite the relentlessly regurgitating kick that sits directly underneath, a constant reminder of the darkness that lurks beneath.